Located at 342 Broad St. John Dunphy, a Norwegian immigrant, founded Dunphy in 1845. The company was located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, until 1935, when it relocated to Oshkosh, with production starting in 1936. The firm was originally located in the former J.L. Clark Co. on High Ave., until they moved into the old Schmit Trunk factory on Broad St. in 1939. The company was sold to Smith Marine of Berwyn, Illinois, in March 1963. Photo taken 1989.